The second type of SageTV customization is the STV Import Module, or "STVi". These plugins get imported into the default STV to provide additional features and functions. By simply installing a couple of these plugins, you can really improve upon SageTV’s already amazing core features. Read on to learn about some of the best SageTV STVi’s available….
For me, this is where SageTV really shines. By letting third-party developers create innovative plugins, SageTV has enabled the user to tailor his SageTV experience in ways that SageTV probably never dreamed of.
Below is the current list of Plugins. The descriptions should be pretty self-explanatory, but I did provide links for you to see the details if you want. Note that the STVi’s marked with an "*" are the ones that I have installed on my SageTV system. I find these to be the best mix for my needs.
- "Dynamic Customisable Main Menu" by nielm *
- "Multi-function Stop" by nielm *
- "Multi-speedContinuous FF/REW" by nielm
- "CallerID/Message popup plugin" by nielm
- "Imdb Search" by nielm *
- "RSS News Reader" by nielm
- "Automatic Aspect Ratio Switcher" by nielm
- "CPU, Memory and Motherboard Monitor Module" by nielm
- "Intelligent Suggestions" by nielm *
- "Default Record Padding" by nielm
- "OSDClock" by toricred
- "DVD Burning" by evilpenguin *
- "SageMC Video Tools" by evilpenguin
- "Comskip Playback for Default STV" by JREkiwi *
- "Read and Write .my Files for Default STV" by JREkiwi
- "Video Editing for Sage" by BobPhoenix (for default STV or SageMC) *
Some of these STVi’s are very simple, and some are ambitiously sophisticated. Ii all cases, they provide you, the viewer, with enhanced functions that you can tailor to your needs.
The best place to learn about these STVi’s and other SageTV customizations is to visit "SageTV Customizations" forum, and notably, the "List of available customizations" page in that forum.