to Jim's Tips!
I’m Jim Barr, and jimstips.com is one of my little corners of the Internet–my voice for all things tech. I love riding on the bleeding edge of technology, and I love exploring new gadgets, services, Web sites, programs, and anything interesting! Here you will find all sorts of tips and information about those things that interest me.
Thanks for visiting!
The Geek finds (another) hobby I’m a geek by hobby and profession with some experience in Web design, image conversion, desktop publishing, electronics, etc. I’ve always had a love for processes that can take a virtual design on a computer and result in a physical item. So I looked looking into
I just purchased a Kindle 3G+Special Offers ebook reader, and I have to say that it has far exceeded my expectations. To me, when assessing a device like this, it is always important to put into perspective just exactly what such a device can and cannot do. First, what the
In an earlier post, I moaned about how though Vonage was a great service, it just didn’t fit our needs due to several significant shortcomings. Well times change, and so have my views about Vonage. We recently got a faster, more reliable Internet connection through Charter Cable, and decided to
Many years ago, I played around with an “online desktop” site called eyeOS. After playing around with the CR-48, it got me thinking that a virtual, online desktop just might be useful on the CR-48. Remember, the CR-48 is a completely Web-centric device. It is truly a “cloud computer” because
I love the CR-48’s fast bootup, and I absolutely love its instant-on feature: Leave it powered on, close the lid, and when you re-open it, it’s instantly on where you left off. This standby mode is easy on batteries, and it is extremely useful to me. BUT… I just realized
Posted by Nishit Shah, Product Manager, Google Security(Cross-posted from the Google Blog)Has anyone you know ever lost control of an email account and inadvertently sent spam—or worse—to their friends and family? There are plenty of examples (like…
- CTL NL7TW-360 review: A decent Chromebook for clumsy students
- Is this the Chromebook ‘Nocturne’ leaked on video?
- Premium tablet keyboard maker Brydge making a Chromebook model w/ Assistant key
- Mystery Samsung Chromebook revealed by Wi-Fi certification
- Samsung has a new Chromebook in the works, revealed in certification
- IFA 2018: Acer announces Chromebook 514 with premium features, $349 price tag
- Lenovo pushes Chromebooks upmarket with the Yoga Chromebook
Windows 10 News
- FAQ: Microsoft ups Windows 10 support to 30 months
- 7 Best Tips To Fix Windows 10 Slow Startup And Restart Issue | 2018 Edition
- Microsoft backs off from Windows 10 ‘warning’ about Chrome and Firefox
- Why Microsoft ‘Confirmed’ Windows 7 New Monthly Charges
- Microsoft releases new Windows 10 preview with promise of Tencent games compatibility
- Microsoft’s Windows 10 October update will kill off Disk Cleanup
- New Windows 10 preview updates sign-in screen
- Windows 10 October 2018 Update: The 7 best new features