to Jim's Tips!
I’m Jim Barr, and jimstips.com is one of my little corners of the Internet–my voice for all things tech. I love riding on the bleeding edge of technology, and I love exploring new gadgets, services, Web sites, programs, and anything interesting! Here you will find all sorts of tips and information about those things that interest me.
Thanks for visiting!
The Geek finds (another) hobby I’m a geek by hobby and profession with some experience in Web design, image conversion, desktop publishing, electronics, etc. I’ve always had a love for processes that can take a virtual design on a computer and result in a physical item. So I looked looking into
I just purchased a Kindle 3G+Special Offers ebook reader, and I have to say that it has far exceeded my expectations. To me, when assessing a device like this, it is always important to put into perspective just exactly what such a device can and cannot do. First, what the
In an earlier post, I moaned about how though Vonage was a great service, it just didn’t fit our needs due to several significant shortcomings. Well times change, and so have my views about Vonage. We recently got a faster, more reliable Internet connection through Charter Cable, and decided to
Many years ago, I played around with an “online desktop” site called eyeOS. After playing around with the CR-48, it got me thinking that a virtual, online desktop just might be useful on the CR-48. Remember, the CR-48 is a completely Web-centric device. It is truly a “cloud computer” because
I love the CR-48’s fast bootup, and I absolutely love its instant-on feature: Leave it powered on, close the lid, and when you re-open it, it’s instantly on where you left off. This standby mode is easy on batteries, and it is extremely useful to me. BUT… I just realized
Posted by Nishit Shah, Product Manager, Google Security(Cross-posted from the Google Blog)Has anyone you know ever lost control of an email account and inadvertently sent spam—or worse—to their friends and family? There are plenty of examples (like…
- Major redesign for Gmail on the way
- Most phishers using Gmail are actually Nigerians targeting Americans
- Google 2-Step Verification Prompts can now be received via Gmail for iOS
- Why G Suite admins should enable Gmail’s advanced anti-phishing and malware settings
- Gmail for iOS now receives 2-Step Verification Prompts, new default over Google app
- Your video, “Gmail redesign, Tesla out of NTSB crash investigation ” will start after this message from our sponsors.
- Gmail is getting a brand new look — take a peek
Windows 10 News
- Windows 10 Timeline support comes to Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android beta
- Copy Space for Windows 10 puts copying and pasting on steroids
- Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 April Update With Lots Of New Features
- 3 things you need to know about Windows 10’s new privacy settings
- Cloud-surfing orgs under attack, Microsoft antivirus for Chrome, Windows 10 S bypass, non-RSA gigs, and more
- Animations in Windows 10 breathe life into a cold, sterile experience — we need more, not less
- Microsoft gives OneNote Windows 10 a promotion, kills off OneNote 2016
- Microsoft delays major Windows 10 update over Blue Screen of Death issues