to Jim's Tips!
I’m Jim Barr, and jimstips.com is one of my little corners of the Internet–my voice for all things tech. I love riding on the bleeding edge of technology, and I love exploring new gadgets, services, Web sites, programs, and anything interesting! Here you will find all sorts of tips and information about those things that interest me.
Thanks for visiting!
The Geek finds (another) hobby I’m a geek by hobby and profession with some experience in Web design, image conversion, desktop publishing, electronics, etc. I’ve always had a love for processes that can take a virtual design on a computer and result in a physical item. So I looked looking into
I just purchased a Kindle 3G+Special Offers ebook reader, and I have to say that it has far exceeded my expectations. To me, when assessing a device like this, it is always important to put into perspective just exactly what such a device can and cannot do. First, what the
In an earlier post, I moaned about how though Vonage was a great service, it just didn’t fit our needs due to several significant shortcomings. Well times change, and so have my views about Vonage. We recently got a faster, more reliable Internet connection through Charter Cable, and decided to
Many years ago, I played around with an “online desktop” site called eyeOS. After playing around with the CR-48, it got me thinking that a virtual, online desktop just might be useful on the CR-48. Remember, the CR-48 is a completely Web-centric device. It is truly a “cloud computer” because
I love the CR-48’s fast bootup, and I absolutely love its instant-on feature: Leave it powered on, close the lid, and when you re-open it, it’s instantly on where you left off. This standby mode is easy on batteries, and it is extremely useful to me. BUT… I just realized
Posted by Nishit Shah, Product Manager, Google Security(Cross-posted from the Google Blog)Has anyone you know ever lost control of an email account and inadvertently sent spam—or worse—to their friends and family? There are plenty of examples (like…
- Gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account?
- Gmail mail account: Login tricks to save you SO much time in your inbox
- Gmail proves that some people hate smart suggestions
- Gmail for iOS now has smarter notifications
- Get Gmail to Stop Archiving and Start Deleting
- James Comey used his Gmail for FBI business
- Quick Tip: How To Customize Swiping An Email In Gmail
- Let Gmail Finish Your Sentences
- The Asus Chromebook Flip C101 is the next Chromebook to get Linux app support
- Your video, “Samsung’s Chromebook Plus V2 is premium without the big price” will start after this message from our …
- Ask Engadget: Should I switch to a Chromebook?
- Samsung upgrades the Chromebook Plus with a second camera and new processor
- Chrome OS: Tips, tools, and other Chromebook intelligence
- Acer Chromebook 11 (2018) review: Simple, dependable, and affordable
- You can now preorder HP’s Chromebook x2 from Best Buy
Windows 10 News
- How to Automatically Enable Windows 10’s Dark Theme at Night
- Microsoft To-Do for Windows 10 gets handful of new settings and fixes
- EarTrumpet on PC review: The best audio control app on Windows 10
- How to change the priority order of network adapters on Windows 10
- Zacinlo malware threatens Windows 10 PCs’ security
- Microsoft brings cloud security services to better protect Windows 10
- Windows 10: How Microsoft used AI to speed up its April 2018 Update roll out