to Jim's Tips!
I’m Jim Barr, and jimstips.com is one of my little corners of the Internet–my voice for all things tech. I love riding on the bleeding edge of technology, and I love exploring new gadgets, services, Web sites, programs, and anything interesting! Here you will find all sorts of tips and information about those things that interest me.
Thanks for visiting!
The Geek finds (another) hobby I’m a geek by hobby and profession with some experience in Web design, image conversion, desktop publishing, electronics, etc. I’ve always had a love for processes that can take a virtual design on a computer and result in a physical item. So I looked looking into
I just purchased a Kindle 3G+Special Offers ebook reader, and I have to say that it has far exceeded my expectations. To me, when assessing a device like this, it is always important to put into perspective just exactly what such a device can and cannot do. First, what the
In an earlier post, I moaned about how though Vonage was a great service, it just didn’t fit our needs due to several significant shortcomings. Well times change, and so have my views about Vonage. We recently got a faster, more reliable Internet connection through Charter Cable, and decided to
Many years ago, I played around with an “online desktop” site called eyeOS. After playing around with the CR-48, it got me thinking that a virtual, online desktop just might be useful on the CR-48. Remember, the CR-48 is a completely Web-centric device. It is truly a “cloud computer” because
I love the CR-48’s fast bootup, and I absolutely love its instant-on feature: Leave it powered on, close the lid, and when you re-open it, it’s instantly on where you left off. This standby mode is easy on batteries, and it is extremely useful to me. BUT… I just realized
Posted by Nishit Shah, Product Manager, Google Security(Cross-posted from the Google Blog)Has anyone you know ever lost control of an email account and inadvertently sent spam—or worse—to their friends and family? There are plenty of examples (like…
- How to load Gmail’s Basic HTML view for slower connections
- Gmail login: How to reset your Gmail password when you’ve forgotten your password?
- Gmail login: How many Gmail accounts can you have – How to create multiple Gmail accounts
- Meet Helm, the startup taking on Gmail with a server that runs in your home
- How to Delete a Gmail Account | PCMag.com
- Google Privacy Upgrades Could Jolt Gmail App Developers
Windows 10 News
- Asus NovaGo ARM-powered Windows 10 laptop finally goes on sale in the UK
- Winamp 5.8 Has Been Officially Released And Supports Windows 10
- Windows 10 Will Finally Let You Delete Microsoft Bloatware
- How to install Windows 10’s Linux Subsystem on your PC
- Windows 10 will banish Spectre slowdowns with Google’s Retpoline patch
- What To Keep In Mind Before Your Company Migrates To Windows 10
- Windows 10 audio problems? Intel issued buggy driver but we fixed it, says Microsoft
- Microsoft Warns Windows 10 Update Deletes Personal Data